How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A neighbour parks his large transit type van adjacent to my

This answer was rated:

A neighbour parks his large transit type van adjacent to my gatepost ( drive ) 7 days a week and all weekend. When exiting my drive in my own car I cannot see approaching traffic because of the large blind spot created by this parked van. I have told him that it is causing a hazard but it only led to a row with his wife screaming at me that he will park his van where he likes. What are my rights ? and what can I do about it.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I presume that this is a local council maintained road?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Just call the police next time he does it and ask them to consider issuing a fixed penalty ticket for causing an obstruction.
A person only has to obstruct the highway to commit that offence and it doesn't mean just physically obstructing. Blocking a view can offend as well.
It is fair to say that they will probably not attend on the first occasion that you call because they will be too busy having their scarce resources and taxpayer's money dissipated on stupid domestic squabbles but in the end they will investigate this.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you