How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3845
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I recently resigned from my job before the contract ends and

This answer was rated:

I recently resigned from my job before the contract ends and so my employer asked me to pay the bond. I was able i pay the amount into their account before I left and whenever I ask them for my pay for July, which they held until I paid, they have not given it to me yet. They said that the person who checks the account was not present at that time and when I called them again, they told me that it was not in the account yet. i told them that it has been more than a week that I have sent it and the owner said she will call her husband to check and get back to me. I have been waiting long. I just want to know what possible action I can take.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
This would be no different to any straightforward debt and money claim. If they do not pay you and your pay is overdue you can sue them in the county court -
I would only note that the danger of this is, if you need a reference from them first this is likely to sour the relationship.
What I would recommend you do first is send them a formal written demand for payment - and ask them to pay within 7 days. If they do not then you can use that letter as evidence in the county court that the money is over due and owing.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Alex J. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you