How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My father has recently passed away, I am joint executor of

This answer was rated:

My father has recently passed away, I am joint executor of the will with my brother. I do not want to execute this will as I feel the will, will disadvantage me. Can I refuse to act as executor and what happens then.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Provided no work has been carried out by you in administering the Estate, you can step down as Executor if you feel you do not wish to act. To do this, you will need to sign an official Form, called a Deed of Renunciation.

A local Wills and Probate Solicitor will need to prepare this Deed.

If you do decide to do this, then that just leaves your Brother a sole Executor, and the only person entitled to administer your Father's Estate in accordance with his Will.

I hope this assists.

Can I help any further?

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you