How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son was inside for 3yrs and six months, he was a passenger

Customer Question

My son was inside for 3yrs and six months, he was a passenger in a car that was involved in a burglary, both he and his friend was not aware of where the car was going or what they were planning to do they went for a drive no knowing what the driver and his male accomplice was up to until it was late.
He served the full years without any home leave his friend is now out like himself f but my son has to stay in a hostel when he has a home and the probation officer as been to the home. his friend has a probation officer from the same probation office and he has gone home without any curfew or anything else. my son has to stay in a hostel which is distressing him has to be in for 11p.m and when I spoke to the probation officer she states that is because she dose not know him.
My son will not be under that office as we have moved I have spoken to the probation office where he would be and they have stated quite clearly that this officer is abusing her powers as he should not be in a hostel and she should have sent over his papers but she refuses and now states that until he gets a job he will stay there I find this kind of behaviour racist and unprofessional, she is abusing her powers she has not even seen him . I failed to se where she is monitoring him this is all because as far as she is concerned he should be living on his own .
I am a social worker and deal with court issues all the time and no one can understand why she is doing this other than to abuse her power I want to take this to court as my son is 24 and becoming very depressed and also very angry as this is the first time he has been inside. there is no need for him to be in a hostel that house sexual offenders and all sorts when he has his home and his own bedroom.
There should be one rule for all this is not the case and I want this taken up as I feel this is a vendetta because I made as complaint about one of the officers who was discussing my son caser with another young person who was attending the same office and knew my son and came and told me what the officer was saying he was never removed or discipline. I want to take this to court and for this probation office to be looked at .Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My sons friend who I stated before is classified as high risk as my son, his barrister cannot understand why as he has never been a risk t o anyone. His friend is out and has no curfew's or restrictions, and they were both charged with the same offence. My son attitude is I done my time my mistake, I just want to be left alone to get on with my life and get a job which he did have but lost due to this woman's personal harassment . Whenever anyone asks why he is not at home she gives the same answer ,the new probation office where he will be going to as requested that she send over his paper's and she refuses to do so. My son is paying for a hostel that is non conjusive to his health, I can see no contraindication as to why he is then placed on curfew to be in by 11pm every night yet still everyone his key worker and the probation officer for the hostel he is in, cannot understand why this woman is hell bent on keeping him down . It's almost as if she wants him to fail by his frustration of not living at home , he has to sleep in a room where he is expected to pay for TV licence a room that is causing him to have back pain as the bed is not good, and also lost a job that was waiting for him when he came out

He was unable to do the job because of the restrictions that this woman Susan is placing on him and every other professionals are in agreement that she is being very abusive of her power. He lost his stepbrother when he was inside and just wants to be home with his family we cannot have any celebration as he cannot join in this is becoming very personal and I am seriously thinking of getting race and equality involved

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thanks
So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to take the probation worker to court for unfair professional behaviour towards my son, and imposeing on him further restrictions,which are unfounded and his friend who was charged with the same has not got any and they are both on the same sentence and from the same probation service. I strongly believe this is pure vindictiveness and abuse of power and facist.

I want to know what my son can do as he is now fed up of being in this hostel the workers and the probation officer he is under says that she would send him home as she dose not understand why he is even there, but it is up to susan blut he is no longer under her but she has specifically kept his paper's with her and wants to hold case management of it but yet dose not see him.

I want t o know what I can do as I believe this is a gross infringement of his human rights.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I'm really sorry if I'm missing the point but on what basis?
Why do you say this is unlawful? Its a fairly common requirement.
There is no evidence so far of either racism or a human rights issue but I suppose it might be that there is more to this.