How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother wishes to transfer the title deeds of her property

Customer Question

My mother wishes to transfer the title deeds of her property to myself .There are no other family members to consider . What is the best way to do this, would she need a solicitor to act for her . I have power of attorney for her affairs including the sale of the property but do not wish to do this at the moment .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why you wish to do this at this stage
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Mother now has carers twice a day and is also living alone , we wish to move her into a home/retirement flat as this will be easier to manage along with some activities and company .

We have thought that this way would be the easiest option to then rent/sell the house when all has been settled .

This would also provide an extra income for use as the care may have to be increased .

I will be available to respond to any more questions until Monday 18th then I am away on holiday until the 30th August .

Many Thanks

***** *****

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How will the home fees be paid?