How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Horsham District Council have approved a building

Customer Question

Horsham District Council have approved a building in the grounds of Arun Lodge, Denne Road, Horsham. A prosed driveway will exit in close proximity to the junction of Chesworh Lane and Denne Road. Having regard to limited sight lines at the junction and reduced braking distance for vehicles coupled with road width and inadequate pavements the accident potential risk will be considerable. Is here any way of appealing the decision or having it independently reviewed. Many thank. Eric XXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this.
Alex Watts : You can seek a Judicial Review of the decision made by the Council. This is where a High Court judge will consider all the facts and see whether the decision made was a legal one and reasonable one.
Alex Watts : The judge will see what they did and did not take into consideration. A judge can agree with the decision or remit it back for Fuether consideration.
Alex Watts : You will need a solicitor to represent as there are certain court rules and procedures to follow.
Alex Watts : You are likely to have to pay a solicitor to represent you but if you win you can ask the judge for costs
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: