How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

we have a letter from work & tax saying that we own then 3114.80

Customer Question

we have a letter from work & tax saying that we own then 3114.80 in i.c.a from the year 1998- 1999 do we have to pay it back because it more than ten years old and we got no paper work to say any different we have to keep paper for 10 years
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you have a letter from HMRC please?

Customer: Yes it came Saturday morning
Alex Watts : From whom please a.
Customer: Department for work&pensions care's allowance
Alex Watts :

So they are saying you were overpaid carer allowance for 1998-1999, is that right?