How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello im ***** ***** I split from my gf 3 years ago Last year

Customer Question

Hello im ***** ***** I split from my gf 3 years ago Last year when I went to see my 7 yr old son Ryan I was with my gf Emma & Deb caused am massive argument over him because she didn't like Emma bein with us ! Anyhows a few weeks later in July I was detained under mental health due to an incident (long story) I apparently had bipolar but have had no medication since October & am fine & live with Emma & her 2 boys age 5 !
Deb has used this incident to stop me seeing Ryan I went to his nans at Christmas knocked on door & saw him for 20 min he said daddy mom said you never want to see me it was a lie since then ive had solictors letters saying I've been pestering his nan to see him which is a lie I then got told I could see Ryan if I paid £50 for 1 hr in a room I didn't want this I just wanted to see him most weekends after this her Solicitor wrote said wanted letter off doctor. I sent copies of my medical £80 doctor £50 meeting with specialist for network rail £290 tbf they were work related but gave same evidence that I was mentally well & good ! These weren't good enough they wanted letter direct off doctor doc said ask solicitor to write direct her solictor refused saying would cost too much its been over 12 months now & ive seen Ryan for 20 mins his grandad said he always asking bout me I went to the shop where Deb works with her dad she refused to speak to me & I had another letter from her solictor saying I had to keep away from shop !
What am I supposed/can I do ? I miss him so badly & I cant afford to go solictors please hep ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
The law says that a child is entitled to regular contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if it can be arranged in a safe way
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family mediation ( - but if that fails you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order
You can read more on these sites
The fact that you have had mental health problems does complicate matters and it may be necessary for contact to start in a local contact centre ( but from what you have said supervised contact on a one to one basis is not needed
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details