How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am working with a number of colleagues from the UK

Customer Question

I am working with a number of colleagues from the UK and Europe on a short mission in Afghanistan. Our employer is the EU. They pay a pro-rarter salary which is OK. They also pay us a 'per-diem' or allowance for board and lodging. If we have to find our own board and lodging we pay for it from this. On this occasion we are confined to UN camp for security reasons. The EU do not pay the UN for this accommodation but still deduct the per-de um from our overall remuneration package. It is taken out before even receive it. They will not let us deal individually with the UN, just saying it is part of an overall package involving all sorts of other resources with the UN to essentially deal with a particular issue involving elections i.e. an audit of all the ballots from the last presidential election. We have protested. The EU man in Kabul says they cant do anything about this except offer us an extra 35 euro per night hardship allowance. We are very dissatisfied with this because other organizations e.g. UN, doing the same job as us are paying their personnel much, much more. I can investigate the law myself if someone can point me in the right direction. I feel there must be some European backed law about the payment of allowances and expenses that may help me challenge this. Thanks. Jeff XXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think you can help. Kindly return my money.