How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ExperiencedLawyer Your Own Question
ExperiencedLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 311
Experience:  I have 14+ years of experience as a family lawyer, advising people on all kinds of relationship and family law issues.
Type Your Law Question Here...
ExperiencedLawyer is online now

Hi Ive got 3 girls they stay with me every snd weekend Friday

Customer Question

Hi I've got 3 girls they stay with me every snd weekend Friday till Sunday I only have the one room but the two oldest one have bunkbeds and the five year old sleeps
In the the king size with me as I don't have the room for another bed
Can my ex stop me having them like this as I can't afford a to bed place for
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ExperiencedLawyer replied 3 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I can help with your question.
The amount of contact that your girls have with you is not supposed to be something that your ex has the final decision about (any more than you do). It is supposed to be something that the two of you agree - based on what is best for the girls. It looks as though the two of you are able to discuss things which is good.
If you are not able to afford a bigger place, then that is the situation you (and the girls) are in. There is no automatic right or wrong about any particular arrangement. Is there any room for further compromise? For example, can you get a blow-up mattress for the floor (for yourself) for when all three stay?
Ultimately, if the two of you cannot agree, you (or your ex) is free to ask the Court to make an order regulating arrangements, but that should be the last resort. If you cannot agree, then the next step to try would be mediation (in my recommendation).
I hope that is helpful,
Expert:  ExperiencedLawyer replied 3 years ago.
I notice that you haven't yet rated my answer - is there any aspect of your question that I can help you with further?