How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my sister-in-law wishes to give me power of authority, she

Customer Question

my sister-in-law wishes to give me power of authority, she is in a clinic near London I live in Worcester will she have to arrange this or can I and get her to sign .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I have to ask - does she still have mental capacity.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she does

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
In that case it would be appropriate for her to instruct a solicitor local to her to prepare the paperwork and the send the part that you need to sign to you.
This will be easier in terms of obtaining the requisite medical certificates etc.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details