How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Im facing a charge of Harassment without Violence between

This answer was rated:

I'm facing a charge of Harassment without Violence between 06/08/2014 & 11/08/2014 in Magistrates Court from an Ex partner from a previous 6 year relationship which ended 3 years ago. Can this charge be changed on the day of Court? I have not committed any previous offences I am of good character. I would like to know the likelihood of sentencing and what I could be facing. Since the breakup of that relationship it has left me emotionally compromised as I was heavily emotionally invested in this relationship i.e. love, which has lead to feelings of depression, stress, anger, hate & even the thought of suicide this was all mentioned to the Doctor/GP during my time in police custody unfortunately due to this it lead me to act out of character of Person the nature of my communication via texts & Facebook became negative often involving harsh language and what could possibly be perceived as threats but not always I have also sent nice messages of good character. I would also like to know if I can use Natural Law & Common Law to claim I'm a free man on the land to prevent the establishment of the legal personality in court in order for the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 not to be applied to me and the implications this will have on my future. One more thing to note is that the initial police station that arrested me incorrectly entered my Date of Birth in their systems and then transported me to the police station that was carrying out the investigation where it was then corrected can this be classed as illegal and as a breach of Police Conduct?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Do you intend ot plead guilty please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at this time

In what basis please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I declare my Freeman status I wont be pleading at all as the Act in which I am being charged will not apply to me, if I do accept the Legal Personality then I will plead not guilty.

I am really sorry but the freeman status is a complete myth.
If you plead not guilty on this basis then you will be convicted and hit with the highest costs possible as this is no defence.
Whether you are a freeman, whatever that really means, or not, you are subject to the laws of the UK.
Unless you have a defence, plead guilty.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does Natural Law & Common Law exist? and are they of higher authority? If I plea not Guilty and they break down my defence in Court what is the likelihood of sentencing? Also can I get some clarification on my previous comment about Police conduct? Thank you

Common law exists. Its not a higher authority and, in fact, is subordinate to statute.
Natural exists but its not a higher authority.
If you start running this particular argument the court will think you are mad I'm afraid and probably give you a lifetime restraining order. They will also make you pay full costs which will probably be around £600.
The sentence depends on the conduct alleged but raising defences of this nature does not help you.
The police have done nothing wrong here I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the magistrates do not offer or show their oath in Court when asked too then I the Natural Human being will be able to claim Common Law refuse to accept representing the legal fiction (Person) which is represented by the Birth Certificate and become the Authority in the Court room to dismiss the Charge against me correct? It is not a question weather they believe me to be mad as that is their own personal openion.

No. Its all nonsense.
The Magistrates have no oath and even if they did and they refused to show it you are subject to law in the UK.
It is a question of their personal opinion as they are the judges of fact.
Plead guilty. You will lose and, quite frankly at this rate, be at risk of custody.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was born into bondage from Birth into the Corporation the United Kingdom. Against my free will before I was even conscious enough to make my own decisions I was provided with a Birth Certificate in order to make me represent the Statutory legal fiction (Person). I am in fact a Sovereign Natural Human Being in possession of a Soul. I have one more question if I refuse to consent to be subject to UK Law and refuse to represent the (Person) then surely Common Law can be applied in Court? As Statutory laws are subordinate to the higher constitutional laws of the land.

I'm really sorry but I will not be able to tell you that this will succeed.If you are intent upon raising it then best of luck.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you