How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Can I get an education certificate signed by a notary on my

This answer was rated:

Can I get an education certificate signed by a notary on my sons behalf in order to get it sent for attesting. He's gone back to Dubai and needs this one doing.
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today.
Are you simply needing a copy certified as a true copy of the original?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the original certiicates and just need it stamped and signed to send off to the legislation dept
I don't think you need a notary public for this. Notaries usually deal with paperwork for transactions which are to be conducted abroad.
A solicitors certification should be sufficient for your purposes. However, all offices are closed today and you will have to go to an office tomorrow morning. The fee for certifying is usually around £7. You can then send it to FCO for the next step of the legalisation process:
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you