How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello. I am an Indian national. I have been residing in the

Customer Question

Hello. I am an Indian national. I have been residing in the UK since 2007 on a student visa. In 2010 I went back to India and go married. However my husband abandoned me within a few hours and our marriage was never registered in India. I returned to the UK to resume my studies. In all my Tier 4 applications I have been giving my status as single as I neither have legal proof of marriage nor contact with my husband. I got my passport renewed in at the Indian High commission in London 2012. I gave my status as single. Now my husband has filed for divorce. Hence I returned to India a few weeks ago to get my marital status updated as separated in my passport and other records. They have re-issued me with a new passport booklet and cancelled the one that was issued in 2012. I am outside the UK right now and will be returning to the UK in Sept 2014. I will be entering the UK on a new passport (the one that has been re-issued). I still have my Tier 4 visa card with me. Can I enter the UK with my new passport? What shall I tell the border agency at immigration?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

When is your tier 4 visa valid until?