How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Does the NHS cover the hospitalization and medical treatments

This answer was rated:

Does the NHS cover the hospitalization and medical treatments costs of citizens living retired and living abroad in the EU?
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Have you permanently moved abroad?

Yes in 2003

Alex Hughes : The NHS is a residence based service which means that treatment is available to those persons present in the UK. As an ex-patriate you have to register for medical services in the country of residence and seek assistance through their equivalent of the NHS or medical insurance. In short the NHS will not pay for citizens who have moved abroad even if they're still resident in the EU.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you