How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask seanferguson13 Your Own Question
seanferguson13, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31
Experience:  3 year qualified solicitor with expertise in UK taxation.
Type Your Law Question Here...
seanferguson13 is online now

Im applying for a US visa, as I have been arrested in the

This answer was rated:

I'm applying for a US visa, as I have been arrested in the past and can't get an automatic visa waiver. I have completed the forms and paid for a ACPO Police Certificate which confirms "no trace" However it appears I still need to confirm that I was arrested in 1981 and found not guilty by Coventry Magistrates Court - How can I get a copy of the court records confirming this?
seanferguson13 :


seanferguson13 :

I will try to help you with this.

seanferguson13 :

It may be very difficult to obtain records from that far back. Most will have a duty to retain them for a certain number of years before they are passed to the National Archive. I think your first point of call must be the Court itself. Their general enquiry number is 02476 630 666. Give them a ring and explain the situation and hopefully they should be able to push you in the right direction.

seanferguson13 :

Failing that we can take a look at the National Archives.

seanferguson13 :

Let me know how you get on with this first.

seanferguson13 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you