How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49821
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

iwould like to take my employer to a tribunal my union have

This answer was rated:

iwould like to take my employer to a tribunal my union have been messing me about for the last 2 months and now decided they arent taking my case , contacted acas a week ago , still havent got back to me , i have only got two weeks to put a claim in to my employer , time is running out , what do i do now ?
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is your claim for?


constructive dismissal .

Ben Jones :

You need to act personally before the deadline runs out. These days you cannot actually go and make a claim to the tribunal before you try early conciliation through ACAS though and you must do that first before you can claim at the tribunal. Starting the conciliation process does put a stop on the time limit to claim so you will be safe in knowing that you will not run out of time until this process is ongoing and the time will only start to run once that has finished, assuming no deal could be reached with the employer.

If negotiations are initiated and settlement is reached, then the claimant would agree not to proceed with the claim in return for the agreed financial settlement. If no agreement is reached you will be issued with a reference number which you can use to proceed with your claim to the tribunal.

The conciliation procedure and the form to fill in can be found here:

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

acas have contacted my employer just waiting for a settlement thank you .