How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i have private land a shop keeper parks his car without permmission

Customer Question

i have private land a shop keeper parks his car without permmission can i give him notice if he continues we will clamp or impound his car and fine charge
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi jo

we have land in a town center and this man parks his car without permmission here turns up in the morning and stays all day

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid that under the new law you cannot either impound or clamp.

You can issue a fine to him although the practical reality is that he can refuse to pay it.

You can sue him for the exact loss his trespass is causing you. That is always hard to quantify with this type of trespass.

Another option is to erect barriers. They do not have to be expensive barriers. Literally any barrier across your entance is fine.

You can also use retractable bollards but that is expensive.

Can I clarify anything for you?