How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello,in 2012 I had a tier 4 visa to study bachelor degree

This answer was rated:

in 2012 I had a tier 4 visa to study bachelor degree in management studies, my visa was for 3 years, which is the course length, however, I failed the course and came back to my home country and I have been here for about a year, now I'm thinking to study Digital Media bachelor degree, which is a whole different subject, I got accepted in the university and I will apply for a new tier 4 visa next week, but someone told that I can't reapply for tier 4 visa if I am going to study a different major with the same degree level, so I need to know if this true or not, and if I can study digital media or I have to stick with management studies although I didn't pass year 1. hope you can help me with that, thanks.
You are allowed to study digital media if you obtain sponsorship to study from a UK institution.
However, there are now 5 year limits on student visas at bachelors degree level and if you studied for 3 years previously in the UK, you will only be entitled to another 2 years visa which may not be enoug for you to complete your intended course.
See here for a further explanation
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


yes please, I wonder if the foundation year counts with the 5 years? or its only counts from the first year?

The 5 years cap is for a bachelors degree so a foundation year will not count towards it.

Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you