How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My mother who lives in malta is in need of care and I wondered

This answer was rated:

My mother who lives in malta is in need of care and I wondered if She could come and live with me in England. Would that be possible and would she be able to access the N.H.S. as Malta is a member of the European Union. My mother is 87 years old and has bowel cancer which is in remission at the moment.. Thanks, Dorothy.
If your mother is a Maltese national, she is entitled to reside in the UK without any immigration restriction provided she is working in the UK or able to fund her stay in the UK from her own funds self sufficient. So you may care for her here provided you pay for it or your mother pays for it.
Under NHS rules,anyone who is ordinarily resident in the Uk is entitled to free NHS treatment, so if your mother intends to live in the UK for a long period, she will be entitled to NHS treatment for free. I would advise that she applies for a European Health Insurance Card from Malta before she comes to the UK.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you