How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71138
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am being harrassed by ex girlfriend so bad that its affecting

This answer was rated:

I am being harrassed by ex girlfriend so bad that its affecting my whole life she continually turns up at my home abuses anyone who askes her to leave and when i dont answers her calls she rings my place of work and is putting my risk job at risk. we hove no shared assessts i own house but now have to change locks because she has a key has taken money from my cash card . Police havent done much because they say its her word against mine that i didnt give her permission. this week i had to go stay in a holiday inn because i was so unwell with the pressure i was afraid for my mental health and what i could do to her What can i do
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can start by complaining about the decision of the police to a more senior officer and then the IPCC. If you were female and she were male she would have been charged by now.
You can also sue her in the civil courts for harassment and seek an injunction to prevent her from contacting you or your place of work.
However, if you are letting her in to your property for any reason then that significantly undermines your allegation which is probably why the police are reluctant. Whether the neighbours complain or not is not your problem Its not you that will be arrested if they call the police.
You need to stop letting her in or otherwise responding entirely. If she carries on make further reports to the police and sue her.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you