How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

If a property is given over and registered to a person by their

This answer was rated:

If a property is given over and registered to a person by their mother and then 8 yr's later the mother may decide in her will to change her decision and nominate some one else to receive the house does the registered owner lose the house
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please just confirm that the Land Registry deeds show this person as the registered owner of the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the person is the named on the Land Registry deeds



Hi John,
Thanks for your reply.
As the Deeds are registered in the person's name, that person is the legal owner of the property. Hence, as the property does not belong to Mother, anything she puts in her Will concerning the property is invalid and has no effect whatsoever, as it is not her asset.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you