Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

What are the defendants right to know why a complainant in

What are the defendant's right to know why a complainant in a sexual touching case is declared a 'vulnerable Adult'
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Have you had full disclosure of the prosecution case? What stage has the case reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe after receiving 29/08/14 her VID Statement ,I have now full disclosure. The case is due to heard at trial next Friday in Magistrates Court.

Your solicitor is entitled to ask the prosecution why the complainant has been declared a vulnerable adult. There are numerous possibilities for this: there may be physical, psychological or historical reasons for this.
If the prosecution have made a special measures application for the complainant to give evidence behind a screen or live link, then the application will give more information about her vulnerability.