How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

i want to buy my council house which lived in over 30years

Customer Question

i want to buy my council house which lived in over 30years .my husband claims housing benefit and income support as he is on D.L.A.we are fostering at the moment ,have i the right to buy our council house.Thankyou . mrs J Chambers
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mrs Chambers
You certainly have the right to buy - it is not dependent on income but on whether you have been a tenant for 5 years or more.
You will be entailed to a very large discount.
Whether you can get a mortgage or not will depend upon income

You can find out everything you need to know here: