How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I bought my property 2 years ago and I am now selling. There

This answer was rated:

I bought my property 2 years ago and I am now selling. There has been a damp and timber survey done and this has indicated failure of the damp corse and in excess of £3000 to repair.
I was never advised by my solicitors when purchasing the property that there was any indication of damp in the property. I have asked for copies of the valuation survey (which I have never seen previous to this) and it does state on the report that there is a need to repair damp in the property however a further damp and timber report was not requested.
I have never been made aware of this when purchasing by either the mortgage company or my solicitor nor have I ever seen a copy of the report until requested this week.
Do I have any recourse with either the solicitor or mortgage company to claim back the cost of repairs?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Was it just a valuation survey or buildings survey please?
Alex Watts : Did you never have a copy of the valuation survey as this would have been sent to you by the mortgage company

Hi Alex


It was the valuation survey and I have never seen a copy until I requested it this week

Alex Watts : Why did you not have a buildings survey? Have you asked the lender why they did not send you a copy?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you