12826847

I went through an overhead gantry red stop sign on the M60

I went through an overhead gantry red stop sign on the M60 on the lane I was on - I was not stopped afterwards by a police officer but can the highway agency cameras be used to prosecute me?
Do you mean stop lights or lane closures?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Lane closure with flashing red lights above

Did you actually go through an area that was coned off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it was not coned off - the two inside lanes were closed by using red x gantry signs and I like an idiot unfortunately went through the inside lane to the slip road

They can rely on highways CCTV to bring prosecutions but they won't in this instance.
I'm not actually sure that you are describing a red light offence anyway. If you are talking about over head gantry signs with Xes displayed then they are just advisory anyway and wouldn't form the basis of a S36 RTA offence.
They could prosecute it on the basis that its a driving without due care and attention but they wont do that. The highways agency would only normally check CCTV if there is a collision or other allegation. Its not fitted with automatic detection software.
I wouldn't worry about this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo - Ive been thinking all day about it - I don't really know why I did it - a senior moment or something - I thought it was an offence to go under and passed a flashing red x lane closure sign?

Thats just an advisory sign.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/