How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Sir ? Madam The Adjudicator has replied and refused my

Customer Question

Dear Sir ? Madam
The Adjudicator has replied and refused my appeal against the PCN (vehicle seen in a bus lane during its hours of operation) by Hounslow Council, after the hearing.
I had explained to him that the Bus Lane restriction signage in the final section, located within the controlled area of a pedestrian crossing was obscured, by a large Direction Sign at the corner of Oxford Road North and a large tree beyond it. There is also a yellow box junction in front of Oxford Road North.
I exited from Thorney Hedge Road into Chiswick High Road with Oxford Road North, a side road immediately on my left. There is no Bus Lane sign in Thorney Hedge Road warning drivers that there is a Bus Lane, here on Chiswick High Road.
Other adjacent side roads viz Silver Crescent and Oxford Road North have signs that read Bus Lane in black writing and have a white back ground.
I would appreciate, if you examine the merits and prospects of my case,as I wish to defend the claim.
Thanking You.
Yours sincerely,
Mr. Christopher De Souza
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this ? Did you want to know something specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wish to defend the Penalty Charge Notice claim under the small claims track of the County Court and await your advice.

Thank You.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

This will not go to the small claims court. Its a council issue parking fine. The fact that the Adjudicator has found against you is sufficient to enforce it.

The only further appeal from the adjudicator is within 14 days and you have to show that he made an error in fact or in law. There is no automatic right of appeal. You have to seek permission on that basis.

I am happy to look at the basis if that would be helpful.

Can I clarify anything for you?