How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am owed money by ex husband order he has a judgement order

Customer Question

I am owed money by ex husband order he has a judgement order against him but has not paid. I have applied for a number of third party orders he has cleared his bank account I have again applied for third party debt order for 7 banks where he may have money but these have been dismissed by the judge without a hearing what can I do
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you.
Alex Watts : How much is owing please?
JACUSTOMER-di92gl2c- :

the amount owing is £30000

Alex Watts :

Does he own property or work?

Alex Watts :

Does he have any assets?

JACUSTOMER-di92gl2c- :

He irks as a self employed taxi driver he has assists has hid these he has transferred the property to his wife's straight after the judgement was given

Alex Watts : Ok then you have several options
Alex Watts : 1) Freeze his bank account
Alex Watts : 2) Charge on any property or shares
Alex Watts : 3) send in bailiffs
Alex Watts : 4) make him bankrupt.
Alex Watts : If he is made bankrupt he would have to declare all assets.
Alex Watts : If he pays or contributes to the mortgage then he would have a beneficial Interest in the property.
Alex Watts : The official receiver could charge this and make him sell or realise this asset.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this Today please?