How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my sister is an alchoholic with an 11year old girl who is not

Customer Question

my sister is an alchoholic with an 11year old girl who is not being cared for properly and i have concerns for her safety and well being. my neice has 2 brothers who are returning to university shortly, they have been caring for her and once they have returned there is no way of knowing how she is as my sister will not allow any access to any of the family. is there anything i can do legally to remove my niece from this enviroment and have her stay with me, all my family will agree to this except of course my sister.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are Social Services and/or the school aware of the situation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

social services are nort aware at this time and her new secondary school will be made aware when she goes for the first time on wednesday

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Does the child wish to move to live with you?