How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

in 1988 my parents and myself purchased our house from the

This answer was rated:

in 1988 my parents and myself purchased our house from the council in a 25 year endowment policy. in januarythis year 2014 we completely paid off the mortgage,and only in the last week h ave we received the deeds to the property. All three of our names appear on the deeds however my parents are elderly, and it is their wish that my name should be the sole name on the deeds. We seek advice on how to go about this matter.My father is 90 in November my mother is 82 next February and I will be 53 in march . regardes Derek
Hello Derek,
Your parents need to transfer their equity to you, this is a legal process known as Transfer of Equity.
See here for the process involved:
You may appoint a solicitor to carry out the process or you may do it yourself.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you