How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Two years ago my daughter and son in law put in place, a funeral

This answer was rated:

Two years ago my daughter and son in law put in place, a funeral plan as a gift for me. My son in law has since died and my daughter suffered financial difficulties.
Since she did not send the paperwork for the plan to me, she was able to cash in the plan.
She did not ask my permission, to do this.
Can I take this to court?

Do you wish to sue your daughter and if so, what do you wish to claim in court from her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I intend to sue my daughter and claim back the value of the funeral package which was a gift from her and her husband to me.

Thank you.

You may take this to court and as you wish to make a claim for money, you may do so online at

You should send your daughter a letter informing her of your intention to sue her and give her say 7 days to reinstate the gift or pay equivalent money back to you failing which you will sue her.

Once the 7 days notice has expired, you may file your money claim online.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you