How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I live abroad and want to transfer the title of a flat I have

This answer was rated:

I live abroad and want to transfer the title of a flat I have in the UK to my company which is registered abroad. I think I would also like to set up a linked trust for my children.
How can I find out more about how to do all this?
You may read about transferring the title from your name to your company's name here
As your company will not be paying you for the transfer, there will be no stamp duty land tax to pay, see here
There is good information here on how to set up a Trust
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. How does inheritance tax work when their is a trust for the children ie those who will inherit?
If the trust is set up abroad, is inheritance tax payable?
I am imagining that I might return to the UK to live and therefore there would normally be inheritance tax.
I have two daughters in their thirties in London, and without anything but rooms in house shares. I am not wealthy, so this concerns me. I cannot give them a large deposit now,for example.
So I am trying to do my best!
I am afraid the tax issue is a separate query and needs to be answered by a tax expert. Please leave feedback and open a new question with the tax queries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, I will do that.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just need to check that when registering the transfer of title, do I need to do this through a solicitor or can I do it myself?
You may do it yourself but it is advisable to use a solicitor if you are not absolutely confident or sure of what to do.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you