How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Dear Sir/Madam I have rented a pice of land, licence agreement

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I have rented a pice of land, licence agreement was signed in my landlord's solicitor office. I have paid 2 month's deposit and 1 month rent in advance. Few days later when I was on the land doing some work I had a gentelman turned up and claimed to be a owner of the land. I contacted the person with whom I have signed the agreement and he admited that he was only acting on behalf of the owner, but owner is saying that he didn't know anything about this. I am wondering if there is any chance for me to take legal action against the person with who I signed agreement and get my mony back ?( I have recipts for all payments made to him)
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How much have you paid please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have paid £1,900 rent in advance and£3,800 two months deposit

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Do you have the person's address? Don't give to me but do you have it?