How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi, I purchased a mobile phone 2 days ago and i have since

Customer Question

I purchased a mobile phone 2 days ago and i have since found it to be faulty. I was told to keep the reciept so i could return it if there was any problems but unfortunately lost this since then.
I payed for it by debit card so they will have a record of my transaction but i just don't have the reciept. I purchased the phone from cash converters so it was second hand.
I would just like to know where i stand on getting my money back as i just spoke to someone from the shop on the phone and he said i couldn't return it without the receipt but to ring back and speak to his manager because i asked if there was anything he could do to help me.
I would be gratefull to know if i should still be able to return it.
Thankyou Matt
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : All you need is proof of purchase.
Alex Watts : So that can be either a receipt, bank statement showing it has come out etc.
Alex Watts : So your bank statement is fine.
Alex Watts : If they refuse then you could sue in the county county,
Alex Watts : court
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?