How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can we do anything about a brother who is going to look after

This answer was rated:

Can we do anything about a brother who is going to look after our father and will spend all his money , he has already got given a farm of land
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you explain a little more about your position and what it is you wish to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thought I asked the question ????? My brother is now looking after my father and am his daughter and I want to know can I stop him from spending all my fathers money
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Haven't got answer to question ????
Ho wold is your father and does he have mental capacity?
has he signed a Power of Attorney appointing someone to deal with his finances?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My father is 83 coming this month and when I ask that question am told by the brother that he has it all sorted but how do I know father has started to forget things and we have had him with a doctor also my brother has just lately got him to sign over his premium bonds to him
What did the doctor say about his capacity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My father is in the middle of dementia
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would just like a answer to my question please,we r now into second day wouldn't call that fast ....
I am sorry but we are all working lawyers which means are weekends are filled with all the usual tasks that fill weekends.
If your father now has Dementia and has never signed a Power of Attorney appointing the person of his choice to deal with his Financial Affairs then you can apply to the court to be the person to do so
details here
This will ensure that any financial transactions are above board.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you