How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

HI am a student in the uk and used to have the right

Customer Question

am a student in the uk and used to have the right to work 10h?week after reaplying for a visa i just had a placement work and intership granted and last february after applying i was granted no work on my visa
my dad was taking care of my food rent transport and divers in the uk since 2011 but he is now retire and can no longer provide i would like to know what can i do to be able to work in this country to help me
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, if you have only been given permission to work 10 hours a week then this is what you would need to continue working.

You are not the first person to complain regarding why students are not able to work longer hours so they can maintain themselves, but the fact is that if you are a student in the UK you can only work the hours allowed.

If you do need or want to work longer hours then you would need to switch to a different visa category, such as a tier 2 worker migrant visa which allows you to work in the UK, please see the following link:

I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything further I can assist you with?

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
kindly provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards