How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Hi, my husband is a Brazilian Citizen and got UK visa after

This answer was rated:

Hi, my husband is a Brazilian Citizen and got UK visa after we got married. Unfortunately since he got visa our relationship changed. He became cold and indifferent, it looked like he doesn't care any more. I recently discovered he had an affair with someone working with him last 2-4 years. During this time I lived a double live. He played very good game at home and never gave any reason to be suspicious about anything. I was informed about his lies by one of our mutual colleagues at work This was the beginning of June 2014 and ever since my life became a living hell ! I conformed my husband but he denied everything. He became even more distant, then disrespecting, stopped answering my calls, would stay out for few days at times without explaining why and finally became aggressive threating to. I felt depressed - couldn't look after myself and our 3-year -old daughter, lost of lot weight and nearly lost my job hit me. He didn't show any feelings towards me or our daughter. He wasn't interested in her well being at all. I successfully collected evidence proving he is lier! I've been trying to keep our marriage together and to forgive him even after I found out he is lier and a chest but he didn't want to stay in relationship anymore and in final he left us 4 weeks ago.
My question are: is possible to cancel his visa so he can be deported back to Brazil? as his application was based on lies (I've got evidences proving he is lier!)He used me to legalised his stay in the UK. Currently he is applying for Neutralisation and British Citizenship, can this be stopped as well? He applied for that without discussing it with me and used mine and our daughters passports without permission. How can I get back my and daughter passports? We are not separated or divorce yet as is very difficult contact to him. Please let me know as soon as possible as I don't have too much time before is too late - he awaiting his British Passport and I want cancel it. Your Faithfully xxx
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm if you informed them using the online service or did you just emailing them using an email address?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I used online service but prefer using my email address now

Kind Regards

Thank you for your reply.
The best thing you can do now is sent a letter to the address the application was sent to, writing a detailed letter about what has happened and ask for you and your daughter's passports to be returned. Please write the letter to the following address:
Department 1
The Capital
New Hall Place
L3 9PP
You need to write your husband's full name, nationality, passport number ( if you can remember) state all the evidence that you have him of having an affair and enclose any details you wish to with the letter. You should mention in the letter the fact that the affair has been on going form before he obtain indefinite leave to remain and that you wish for him to be removed from the UK because your relationship is no longer subsisting.
You can also enclose letters from family and friends confirming what you have stated and also ask them to include a copy of their passport and contact details. You may also wish to include a copy of the email you sent to the home office.
Remember include as much detail as you can about your husband so it is easier to find his file. Send the letter by special delivery and state that it is urgent.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Many Thanks for your answer

Could you please let me know if it will be possible if he has obtain indefinite leave to remain still remove him from UK as I've heard that will be not chance. Kind Regards

Thank you for your reply.
The fact that you will disclose the information to the home office, it will all depend on how far the home office want to take this. But as you mentioned it is difficult for the home office to revoke indefinite leave to remain once it is issued. Usually it is only revoked in cases of very seriously crime or acts if terrorism.
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning

Many Thanks for your response and help.Eva

Good morning.

It's been a pleasure.

Thank you for your positive comments.

Kind regards