How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello I have a question regarding a divorce I need to begin.

Customer Question

Hello I have a question regarding a divorce I need to begin. I am english and my husband is american. we were married in new york in october 2012. as this is a same sex marriage, and although i believe it is recognised here, I have no idea how to go about it. I have printed off the divorce forms but dont know what to do as far as respondents postcode etc as he is in new jersey and whether I am able to do it from here and whether we have been married long enough etc. He says he will not contest the divorce.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been back in the UK?