How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I am brenda.ghanian by nationality.i was arrested in

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am brenda.ghanian by nationality.i was arrested in the uk 5yrs ago with a friend who shoplifted while shopping together. I had no idea what she was up to.we werw arrested, thumbprint was taken and released without charge.i would like to renew my visa for a medical visit.will I be refused.i did not disclose my nationality.i claimed I was british.


When did you first come to the UK and on what visa are you currently on? When does it expire?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I first came to the uk in 2006.on a visiting last visa expired in 2011.i have not been able to renew because I got a new job and it is very demanding. But hav a health issue now and would like treatment in the uk.

Thank you.

You may apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK if you have any compelling reasons you should be granted such leave e.g. human rights issues. The form to use is FLR(O).

If you are granted discretionary leave to remain, it will initially be for a period of 3 years after which you may apply for an extension of your leave for another 3 years. After 6 years, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain.

As your case is complex, I would suggest that you appoint a specialist firm of solicitors to assist with your application e.g. see here:

Once you are granted discretionary leave, you will be able to access free treatment on the NHS.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you