How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Thanks for your answer last night, I was informed in May 14

This answer was rated:

Thanks for your answer last night, I was informed in May 14 on just answer that the landlord could only get the service charge for the last 12 months back
Best Regards Tony
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Yes you are correct for a private dwelling the landlord can only claim back 12 month service charge.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Dear Alex thanks for that, this is a shop on a 10 year lease


best regards tony

Alex Watts :

If its commercial then they have 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980 to bring a claim

Alex Watts :

If you entered the agreement under a deed in the lease then it is 12 years under the Limitation Act.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you