How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Parents, both deceased, leave property (bungalow) jointly to

This answer was rated:

Parents, both deceased, leave property (bungalow) jointly to their three daughters.
Two daughters want to sell the property and split proceeds three ways but cannot get agreement with third daughter to sell at reasonable price. Is there any way the property may be sold without consent of one party.

I would advise the two daughters who wish to sell to make an application to the court for an order forcing sale of the house under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.

See here for more information on this:

They should contact a solicitor if they wish to go ahead with the court application.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No further advice required. Thank you.

welcome and good luck