How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Im South African and was granted indefinite leave to remain

This answer was rated:

I'm South African and was granted indefinite leave to remain in 2009, but my stamped passport expired in 2011. I've got a new passport but this is not stamped with my indefinite leave to remain. I'm due to travel to SA end of next week, but I'm worried whether I'm going to have problem with my travel documents. Do I need to apply for the Indefinite to remain to be transfered into my current passport? How much it costs and how long is the application process as I'm boooked to travel by Friday next week?
You do not need to apply to transfer your indefinite leave to remain visa to your new passport, you simply have to carry both your old and new passports together and you are fine to travel out of the UK and come back.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you