How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

A neighbour keeps putting items up against my end wall which

This answer was rated:

A neighbour keeps putting items up against my end wall which in time breeches the DPC and could cause dampness.Alas he does this because its his driveway that separates our houses,he will not put anything up against his wall.Where do I stand.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

The position ii this. He can do what he wants on his land but if he does something on his land which causes foreseeable harm then he will be liable to compensate you for that harm. If dampness has not yet been caused there is no action against him. Sometimes it can be a good idea to warn someone that what they are doing may cause a problem so perhaps you could write to him warning him that he risks breaching your DPC and asking him to stop putting items against your end wall.


Thank you very much for your answer,does one really have to wait until damage is done,and do I have a right to build and extension on my land but will need to put some scaffolding on two feet of his land

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
In theory you could get an injunction but in reality you would not be able to unless you can demonstrate an imminent risk of serious harm. As far as the extension is concerned you can not put scaffolding on his land without his agreement.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer,I guess I will have to forget an extension

regards m.ward

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you again for excellent service. Dr ward

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have now finished,thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have paid you £28 and I thank you,can you now stop the emails as it is blocking up my system,thank you