How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I need some advice about a trader who has breached the trading

Customer Question

I need some advice about a trader who has breached the trading standards can someone please reply my email address is *****@******.*** mobile number *********** URGENT
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

-Could you explain your situation a little more? And what exactly do yo wish to know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For the attention of Alex Hughes

A car was purchased on the 10th May 2014 for £2,229 from a car dealer in Bradford from Thornbury Tyres and Autos the car at this present time is in a Leeds garage.I have informed the Trading Standards as the car has spend more times in the garage than on the road I personally did a history on this car to find that all the mot certificates had the same faults one of the test sheet has Dangerous in bold the car dealer was aware of this and still sold the car the millage has been tampered with there is more to which was very concerning. The last incident the car caught fireand the fire brigade was called out.

this car dealer has sold a vehicle that was not road worthy

I am led to believe he has breached there regulations and policies that are in place.

the question can I take the vehicle back to the car dealer and have my money re-en burst under the trading standards act.

I have tried to contact him left messages recently but no response

the first time we got in touch we explained what was happening his reply and I quote "go and f..k yourself" he was not reasonable since then I have not any other conversation with him he is not answering the model of the Vehicle is Renault Grand Scenic Reg AE54XCGif you need anymore information you can contact me on *********** 0r ***********

e-mail *****@******.***

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
You are entitled to a refund or replacement if the car goes wrong within 6 months of purchase. The Sale of Goods Act 1979 says the car must be of satisfactory quality when sold (bearing in mind it's age, mileage etc). If the seller is not willing to refund or replace you will have to sue him. You can do this through the County Court for the cost of the original purchase price.

Happy to discuss further.