How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a litigant in person who has submitted a Defence to a

This answer was rated:

I am a litigant in person who has submitted a Defence to a Claim. The Claimant has responded with a CPR 18 additional information request and a Reply. I wish to respond to the Reply but am unsure on the mechanism to do so. Thus should i extend the CPR 18 questions/answer section to challenge allegations in the Reply or do i submit a revised defence or can i do nothing but await the trial. Also a hearing has been set for the 22nd Sep, is this to determine the track of the claim for is this the main hearing i.e. do i need a Mackenzie friend for this date; and can u recommend an entity that could provide one or an website that can help.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You simply reply to each paragraph and give the answer. Remember at the bottom to give a statement of truth.
You do NOT need to submit a revised defence, but are required to answer the Part 18 questions.
You don't need a McKenzie friend for an allocating hearing you can do this yourself.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please can u explain what you mean by reply to each paragraph. Does the reply have to follow a certain format in the same way that for eaxample the Defence had a certain format.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also... and am happy to pay for this btw... the claim is from an employee of a pub (tenant) who is claiming ownership of the F&F in the pub after the tenant went into liquidation and i as the landlord took possession after the landlord also went into liquidation.

So far he has not provided any evidence that he owns any of F&F so how can i ask the judge to dismiss the case as its just a big con attempt.

Yes it just needs to answer each question. So yes or no or giving the information required.

You can make an application for summary Judgment if there is no claim whatsoever and ask the Judge to do that, but you must make a formal application.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry Alex. but as i said the questions are OK. I know how to answer. but i want to challenge the REPLY made by the CLAIMANT. This is what i want to know. in other words what is the mechanism to challenge the REPLY (i.e. not the questions)

You don't need to do that. This is a matter of evidence which you will put into your witness statement.

Part 18 questions are there to seek clarification. They are not intended to be a final form of evidence.

Does that help?


I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.