How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35039
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I pay my ex wife 20 percent of my wage would she be entitled

This answer was rated:

I pay my ex wife 20 percent of my wage would she be entitled to any rent paid to me if I moved in with my girlfriend and rented a house ? thank you

Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What are the payments for and are they paid under a Court Order?
Do you mean that you will rent you house out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Claire I pay by direct debit to the csa £437 each month.This is for two children 11& 12 based on my wages and yes I would like to rent my own house out for hopefully £700 and move into my girlfriends house.


I am afraid that yes the rent will count as income for assessment purposes - but only AFTER the mortgage payments letting fees and insurance etc have been deducted.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you