How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I am a Spanish citizen. I might need to send my 9 year old

This answer was rated:

I am a Spanish citizen. I might need to send my 9 year old daughter to live with some relatives in the UK for 6 months -one year. I would like that my daughter assists to an English public school while she is in the UK. (She is currently in Year 5 in a British school in Spain that teaches the British curriculum.) I would like to know the conditions or procedure that we need to meet in order to be able to register (apply) her in one of the local public schools where my relatives live Do I need to register her in the corresponding local autoritrhy? What sort of documentation do I need to provide in order to prove that she is going to be living in the UK with my relative?

Thank you

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your message. I continue waiting,no problem....

Would it be of help, if I pay more so the advisors could get more interested?


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I have not any feedback about this question and there is no underpriced report on it.
Thank you for your patience,
Hola David
As an EU citizen your child is entitled to attend school in any EU country under the same conditions as nationals of that country.
However, if your child does not reside with you (in the UK) then they must reside with a close family member (ie a step-parent, legal guardian, grandparent, brother or sister, biological aunt or uncle). You, both mother and father, will also likely be required to give guardianship to your family member whom your child will be staying in the event of emergencies etc.
Either you or a person with parental responsibility may apply under the admissions arrangements set out in the Schools Admissions Code (
You would need to contact the Local Authority in the area where your family are and where you would send your child and ask for a place for your child at any school.
You should ask the Local Authority for an application form. You may be able to apply online, on the Local Authority's website.
This link will take you to the government website that will assist you. If your daughter is 9 she will be looking to attend primary school which is up to age 11:
You may be a late application if you are considering doing this soon as the school term has already started.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience: Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Kasare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you