How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

What is a N244 form? Can that overturn a county court judg

This answer was rated:

What is a N244 form? Can that overturn a county court judgement?
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
An N244 is an application notice required to make an application in existing proceedings.
Was the county court judgment made in default? Did you attend the hearing and defend it?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I submitted an admission form in error. I do the owe the money. However I thought that when a 6 month payment plan was offered I still had to fill admission form. Confusion laid to that. Now the admission has be filed and I dont the balance to clear within a month. So hoping N244 may help

Thank you.
I am afraid there is nothing you can do if you have admitted the claim and owe the money.
You will have to pay the judgment and then once this is done you can file the Judgment as satisfied at the county court registry.
The form N244 may only have been relevant if you had ground a for appeal or could seek a set aside. Unfortunately you won't be able to set the Judgment aside as you have admitted it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you