How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

is it illegal for three neighbours that live in a different

This answer was rated:

is it illegal for three neighbours that live in a different street whose rear gardens join onto my property to have cameras disguised as bird nests facing into my back garden,front door and front drive also covering some of our street.they have no notices up and not asked if I agree to this.we have had a lot of problems with these three households and the police and council ignore complaints but my son has ended up reacting back and we feel victimised.also neighbours in our street not happy with where cameras are facing and said they don't have a problem with us and feel the police and council are targeting one household but police and council are not interested in how neighbours in our street feel.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

hi alex received a reply from you but only got Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.please could you reply back.Thankyou

Alex Watts :

Sorry I see. That must be a bug.

Alex Watts :

I did ask whether the cameras were pointed INTO your home?


yes they are.They can see everone coming and going to my property.


also I don't get into trouble myself and wont react back to these neighbours and cannot have a criminal record due to my job.


ive today complained to police and arranged for them to visit regarding it all and also complained verbally and on line to local council who have said they will be visiting as did speak to solicitor yesterday and they said its illegal and said we are being victimised and harassed.

Alex Watts : Ok, what is it you want to achieve a criminal prosecution or civil remedy please?

well don't feel the police have been much good from the start also dismissing cctv evidence I previously handed in from criminal damage to my house by one of these households.They have regularly checked my own camera to ensure its just where it should I reckon I may have to consider civil action.what would you advise please

Alex Watts : Ok if it's actually pointing into windows the police can take action.
Alex Watts : If not you can take civil action. You need to write and ask that they remove them within 14 days or say you will go to court.
Alex Watts : If they refuse then you can issue proceedings. You would need to complete form N1
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : And form N16a
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : You are asking the court for an order that they either remove or point them in a different direction
Alex Watts : The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order.
Alex Watts : If the court does and they refuse then that is contempt of court and they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please ?

you very much for the advise Alex.will see how meeting goes on Tuesday morning with police and council and is it ok to pay to have phone advice from you if I need anymore clarifying please?Theres an awful lot happened over last couple of years these households have done and police let them off leading to my son reacting back.Ihave told him hes not allowed back unless he cannot react also.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you