How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, I was made redundant in July and received a settlement

This answer was rated:

I was made redundant in July and received a settlement and 3 months salary in lieu.
I have paid my CSA as normal but after September payment I will still be unemployed although actively looking for work and not looking to claim any income support or JSA.
At present I visit my daughter in East Sussex twice a month I live in Rochester so doubt I will be able to afford to continue.
Do I just advise CSA that I'm unemployed and pay £5.00 a week ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes notify the CSA of your financial situation immediately so that they can issue the revised assessment.
Equally as soon as you are in work you need to notify them promptly
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for info.....
Do I have to declare my redundancy settlement so they can claim payment from that or is settlement not relevant
Unless you received more than £65,000 it is not relevant